Q. My professor placed course materials on library reserves. Is that online or in the library, if so where exactly in the library?
To access the physical item your professor has put on reserve you will need to come to the fifth floor desk and ask a staff member for the item. Typically these items are a 2 hour check out and only to be used in the library.
To access the electronic reserves follow this step by step walkthrough. Keep in mind that you must allow pop-ups in order to use the ERes. If at any point you select something and it appears nothing has happened look at the top of your browser and be sure a notice bar has not appeared.
1. Go to the dark grey Course Reserves tab on the library home page.
2. Click on the link ‘Search Course Reserves’.
3. Search e-reserve materials by course number, course name or instructor.
4. Select your course then the assigned material.
5. A box will pop up asking for a password. This password should be given to you by your professor. It is not the same as your personal password/PIN.
6. After you enter the password, a document will open in PDF format.
When you log into a professors course reserves online you will see a listing for all items, both online and in the library. The item’s information will tell you which one it is. The item’s that take you to the catalog are going to be physical copies or e-books.