Q. Are Journal of Business and Economics, USA, and Academic Star publishing company predatory?
According to our database Cabell's Directories, this publisher is on the Blacklist.
When it comes to the Journal Blacklist for Cabell's Directories, specialists analyze over sixty behavioral indicators to keep the community aware of the growing threats and to keep academia protected from exploitative operations. From what I found, it appears that not only is the Journal of Business and Education on the Blacklist, but eight other publications by the Academic Star Publishing Company are as well. While JBE has six violations, the others have no more than six and no less than five. If you would like to see this information for yourself, please refer to the following instructions:
Accessing the UHD Library Homepage
- Type in uhd.edu in the URL and press enter.
- This will take you to the UHD Library homepage.
- Select the QUICK LINKS link to access the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Library link located in the bottom center.
Searching for Articles through Cabell’s Directories
- Choose the DATABASES option.
- Click on the letter C link.
- Select the Cabell’s Directories link from the list.
- Choose the Blacklist option in the top left corner of the webpage.
- Type the search terms Academic Star Publishing Company in the search box at the top.
- Press the magnifying glass link inside of the search box. A list of nine results will appear.
- Select any of the results. Journal of Business and Education is at the top.
- Review the information provided for each result.