Q. My students have an assignment where they need to locate the lead story for the Houston Chronicle for a recent date. Do you have any suggestions for them?
Your students can find recent issues of the Houston Chronicle (print edition) in the Periodicals Browsing Area, north 5th floor.
If student access the Houston Chronicle database via our Newspapers guide at http://library.uhd.edu/news, they will be able to distinguish the lead article from other articles on the front page. These steps will get them to that information:
(1) Go to http://library.uhd.edu/news.
(2) Choose the Houston Chronicle
(3) Look for the Houston Chronicle, 1985-Current link.
(4) Select a recent issue.
(5) Browse the list of articles from page A001 of the newspaper. The number after each article is the original page number. Any article with the number 1 at the end would have been on page 1 of the print edition.
(6) Click on the title of an article to view the full text.