How can I find journal articles about academic achievement for children with disabilities?

Specifically, I'm interested in how parental involvement in help with homework and learning support can help the child have higher academic achievement.


I suggest you search the education databases. From the library homepage choose theResearch Guides tab. Choose the Education link and then click on the link for ERIC.

Here are some suggested search terms:

academic achievement

parent role
parent participation
parent student relationship
parent school relationship

special education
special needs students

Try different combinations of the above terms. Before you begin your search, on the main search page you can specify the educational level under the "Limit your results" heading. Also, check the box for “Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Journals” and “Full Text,” if desired. If you do not find enough information in ERIC, try other education databases in the same guide.



  • Last Updated Dec 03, 2018
  • Views 93
  • Answered By UHD Librarian

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0