I'm researching abuse in daycare facilities. How should I start?


I would suggest you look at the website for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/. Licensing and monitoring of day care facilities in Texas are managed through this agency. Their website contains rules and regulations, news and other resources you may find helpful in developing your topic. Reporting abuse is specifically mentioned on this website.

If you are looking for journal articles on the subject of day care, you will find many appropriate articles in some of the library's databases. I looked in Academic Search Complete and found many articles using search terms like "Child Care Workers" combined with the term "abuse". You may want to also include the terms "United States" in your search strategy to screen out discussions of child care in foreign countries. To find Academic Search Complete, click the dark gray Databases tab from the library homepage http://www.uhd.edu/library/. The database has a featured link at the bottom of the box.

I also searched the library's catalog by selecting the Catalog tab on the home page. Subject terms "Child Care Workers" and "Child abuse" searched together gave results that might be helpful. The items you may find are print books as well as electronic documents that come from government agencies. These documents can be read online. Some additional terms that may be helpful include:

Day Care Centers and Licenses

Foster home care and Licenses.

  • Last Updated Dec 03, 2018
  • Views 92
  • Answered By UHD Librarian

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0