Q. How can I know the ranking of journals in a specific subject area?
The ranking of journals in a specific subject are available from a database called “Journal Citation Reports”. To get to this database, use the following steps:
- Start at the library’s home page (www.uhd.edu/library)
- Click the dark grey “DATABASES” tab.
- Click the letter J to see the list of databases that start with the letter J.
- Click the link to “Journal Citation Reports”.
- You’ll see a web page with two columns. The left column is titled “Select a JCR edition and year”. In this column, select one of the optionss. The right column is titled ”Select an option”. In this column, select “View a group of journals by Subject Category”
- Once both of these options are selected, click the Submit button.
- You’ll now see a list of subject categories. Select your desired subject then click Submit.
- You’ll now see the list of journals for this subject area. They are listed in alphabetical order, but you can sort them by a number of different ranking methods using the drop-down box at the top of the page.
If you would like to find the ranking or impact factor of a specific journal, use the steps above but in step #5, select the option to “Search for a specific journal” in the right column. Enter the title (or ISSN number).