Q. I am researching Exxon Mobile competitors in Trinidad and Tobago.
To get started:
1) Go to https://www.uhd.edu/library/Pages/library-index.aspx
2) Choose “Databases”
3) Chose “Databases by Subject”
4) Chose “Business”
5) Choose the "Business" research guide
6) Choose one of these databases from the list provided:
Business Source Complete
6) Try one of these searches. Use quotation marks where indicated.
“Exxon Mobile Corp” and Trinidad (or Trinidad & Tobago)
“Exxon Mobile (or ExxonMobile)” and Trinidad oil
"oil and gas industry" and Trinidad and Tabago
You can also limit your results to Full text or Peer Reviewed.
7) Another database to try is MarketLine Advantage (also found under the "Company and Industry Resorces" tab of the same guide). Once there try these steps:
a) Under “New Search" enter “Trinidad (or Trinidad & Tobago) and select “GO”
b) From the Industries list on the right select “Energy and Utilities”
Also, try the database called Hoover’s. This is a great resource for company and industry information. You should see a box labeled “Build A List”. Locate the drop-down menu under “Add Locations”. From the list select “Country” then enter Trinidad beside it. Once you have done this, locate the box to “Add Industries”. Enter “Oil and Gas Exploration & Production” (or any of the ones that will be listed that are closest to what you are looking for). Click continue at the bottom of the search box. This should give you information on companies similar in the oil and gas field in that area.