I am writing a research paper on the rainforests and their locations.
A good place to start is with our databases.
1. Go o the Library's home page and click on the Database tab.
2. Select the Databases by Subject link.
3. Select your subject area – I recommend Geography or Environmental Studies. From here you may choose a database. A database is a collection of materials including scholarly journal articles that are easily searchable in one place. A good database to choose here is Academic Search Complete. It covers a lot of general information.
You can use the search terms
Rainforest & Geography
Rainforest & Biome
Another way to access information from our library online is with e-books. To access eBooks go to http://www.uhd.edu/library/.
-Select the library catalog tab in the middle of the page.
-Below the catalog, locate and click on “Advanced Search”. This will bring you to another search page.
-Locate a box labeled “material type”.
-Next, click on “ebook”.
- Select "Limit to UHD" from the "Location" drop-down menu.
-In the search boxes type the term for your topic.
-This should result in several eBooks on your topic.
- Click on a book title you think is useful to you research.
- On the next screen, click on the "UHD users only" link.
- Log in using your UHD ID number and password and you are in.