I am having problems embedding the Henry Stewart Talks videos in Blackboard. My students cannot watch them from off campus.
I did confirm that there is a technical problem with the way Henry Stewart Talks embeds videos in Blackboard.
There is no immediate solution to this technical problem, but will one small modification, you should be able to share the videos with students by giving them a link to the video.
If you send me the titles for the videos you want to share, I will gladly send you the links you will need to share the videos in Blackboard or by e-mail.
If you would prefer to the find the links yourself, please try the following steps:
1. Connect to Henry Stewart Talks through the library website.
2. Search for the video you want to share.
3. View the video.
4. Copy the URL from the top of your web browser.
5. Modify the URL as shown in the examples below.
HOW TO REVISE THE URL: add http://ezproxy.uhd.edu/login?url= to the start of the link
REVISED EXAMPLE: http://ezproxy.uhd.edu/login?url=https://hstalks.com/main/view_talk.php?t=2916&c=250
HOW TO REVISE THE URL: You will see a URL in this format if you are working off campus. There is no need to revise the URL in this case. It already includes the "ezproxy" part needed for off-campus access.
6. Give the URL to student in Blackboard or in an e-mail message. As long as the link includes the "ezproxy" information, they can view the video rom any location using their campus login/password.